This Halloween, party like the undead. Let Pillsbury show you the way.
Deep Fried Mummy Dogs
We didn’t think we could improve on mummy dogs until we gave them a quick, crispy flavor shock. Serve with ketchup and your favorite mustard for a zippy zombie main.
- 1can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- 4cups vegetable oil
- Ketchup and mustard, if desired
Time needed: 40 minutes.
- How to start?
If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate into 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut into 4 rectangles.
- How to make strips?
With knife or kitchen scissors, cut each dough rectangle lengthwise into 10 pieces, making a total of 40 strips.
- How to decoration?
Wrap 4 pieces of dough around each hot dog to look like “bandages,” stretching dough slightly to completely cover hot dog. About 1/2 inch from one end of each hot dog, separate “bandages” so hot dog shows through for “face.”
- How to fry?
In 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium heat to 350°F. Fry mummy dogs in hot oil, 2 at a time, 1 1/2 minutes, turning occasionally or until dough is completely cooked through and deep golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- What is the end?
Use ketchup to make “blood” on mummy dogs. Serve with additional ketchup and mustard.
Cheesy Eyeball Appetizer Bites
Give zombie partiers a foodie twist with crazy eyeball toasts topped with fresh mozzarella cheese, black olive tapenade and Sriracha hot sauce.
- 1 can Pillsbury™ refrigerated French bread, baked as directed on can
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup black olive tapenade
- 3 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- pimiento-stuffed green olives; Sriracha sauce
Steps Prep; 30min
- Cut baked loaf into 22 (1/2-inch) slices. Set oven control to broil. Brush slices with 1 tablespoon of the butter. Place buttered-sides-up on ungreased cookie sheet. Broil with tops 4 to 6 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until light brown. Turn; brush with remaining 1 tablespoon butter; broil 1 to 2 minutes longer or until crisp and golden brown. Cool 5 minutes.
- Top each slice with a heaping teaspoon of the tapenade. Use 1-inch biscuit cutter to cut 22 circles from mozzarella slices. Place 1 circle on top of each tapenade-topped bread slice.
- Cut each olive into four slices. Place 1 slice on top of each mozzarella circle. Use Sriracha sauce to decorate mozzarella to look like eyeball.
Breadstick Bones and Marinara
What’s a zombie zone without sticks, stones and breadstick bones? Add marinara “blood” sauce for the full graveyard effect.
- 1 can Pillsbury™ refrigerated original breadsticks
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce (from a jar)
Steps – Prep; 35min
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line 2 large cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper.
- Unroll dough; separate into 12 breadsticks. Roll each breadstick into 12-inch rope. Tie ends of each rope into a knot so each breadstick looks like a bone. Place on cookie sheets. Brush each breadstick with butter. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with warmed marinara sauce.
Doughnuts of the Undead
Ghostly white powdered sugar, biscuits and jam turn into a fantastically frightful treat for your ghoulish guests.
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup strawberry jam
Steps Prep; 35min
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake biscuits as directed on can.
- Meanwhile, place powdered sugar in brown paper lunch bag or large resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- When doughnuts are hot from the oven, brush with butter. Place in paper bag, and shake until completely coated in powdered sugar. Transfer to cooling rack.
- Place strawberry jam in decorating bag fitted with tip. Insert tip inside of each biscuit; squeeze small amount of jam into center.
Halloween Zombie Chex Mix
Every zombie party needs a must-make snack mix. The only trick is placement on the party table so the hoarders don’t disrupt your flow.
- 1 cups Vanilla Chex™ cereal
- 4 cups Cinnamon Chex™ cereal
- 2 cups chopped chocolate Halloween candy
- 1/2cups candy corn
- 1 cup orange or red candy melts
- 1 cup chocolate candy melts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
Steps Total Prep; 1h 15min
- In very large bowl, mix cereals. Chop chocolate candy into bite-size pieces. Add to cereal mixture along with candy corn. Toss to combine.
- Spread mixture evenly on waxed paper.
- Melt orange and chocolate candy melts separately as directed on packages. Stir 1 tablespoon oil into each color; stir until well combined. Drizzle melted candy coatings over cereal mixture.
- Let stand about 1 hour or until candy coating is hardened. Break into pieces to serve.
Bloody Pomegranate Cosmos
Zombies need sustenance. We think a good zombie bash includes one signature drink. Undead blood red, of course.
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 3/4 cup vodka
- 1/3 cup orange-flavored liqueur
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- tablespoons simple syrup
- cup small ice cubes or shaved ice
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds, if desired
- In pitcher, mix pomegranate juice, vodka, liqueur, lime juice and simple syrup.
- Place ice in martini shaker or pitcher. Add enough pomegranate juice mixture to fill shaker. Shake or stir until blended. Pour into chilled stemmed glasses, straining out ice. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.